Saturday, December 4, 2010

Drew and Ellie Rose

I had so much fun with this photo session and it it also turned out to be a really valuable learning experience for me.

To begin with, Drew and Ellie's mom was so helpful. She had a lot of really great ideas that I would not have thought of on my own. She also knew about this great historical park on the river that I have never heard of before.

I'll admit that when we drove up, I either thought that it was a really bad idea or that we were not in the right place. We had to park down by a boat ramp where a lot of rather gruff fisherman were coming and going. So here two women climb out of a car with two small children, several fancy outfit changes, and balloons...

Once we walked in a little further though, it turned out to be really perfect...big house with a great old wrap-around porch, cool old barn, riverfront access, etc., etc., etc. I will definitely be recommending this venue to future clients.

I really feel like each photo session is getting easier for me. I'm turning up with more and more keepers to edit, which is great, but it's also teaching me how long it can take to get these photo sessions edited. So, I'm still learning but I'm loving this more every day that I do it.

I'm really proud of these pictures, like I said it was a great learning experience for me.

We did a second session with Drew and Ellie plus Mom and Dad...the best of that session coming soon...



We did these portraits for Ellie's 4th birthday, and Drew's 3rd, (count the balloons...)



I love the balloons. I love the splashes of color they add...





Definitely my favorite...



We also did some Thanksgiving portraits...











2 comments:

LP December 4, 2010 at 11:01 PM  

These are great Brooks!!

Liz Dean December 16, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

Awesome pics! And that was the barn I was telling you about!! how funny~
;)

Followers

About This Blog

Brooks Wilder Photography was founded in 2010. Working out of Jacksonville, Florida, Brooks fell in love capturing beautiful moments on film. Brooks offers unique photography sessions for family, maternity, newborn, engagement, etc. portraits.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP